Stormcloak Soldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of The Dragonguard OOC and Singup thread #1

+5
Vulgruff
Ulfric Stormcloak
Sovngarde
The Rebel
Arnier the fallen
9 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

The Rise of The Dragonguard OOC and Singup thread #1 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Rise of The Dragonguard OOC and Singup thread #1

Post  Vulgruff Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:10 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:I think Vulgruff and Darius are a perfect match.
Psychic Vulgruff, you mean.

Come up with a story that isn't a load of shit and then talk, because it was obvious you didn't come from the mountain. Also, you can't complain about that then pull something retarded like you just did.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

https://www.facebook.com/HumbleUlfric

Back to top Go down

The Rise of The Dragonguard OOC and Singup thread #1 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Rise of The Dragonguard OOC and Singup thread #1

Post  Lord Nerevar Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:18 pm

Vulgruff wrote:

Come up with a story that isn't a load of shit and then talk, because it was obvious you didn't come from the mountain. Also, you can't complain about that then pull something retarded like you just did.

I can see why you would be suspicious, but I think you were a little too suspicious, it's not as if he was suggesting for you to go into a dark, mysterious cave.

Last edited by Lord Nerevar on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Nerevar
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:21 pm

Lord Nerevar wrote:

I can see why you would be suspicious, but I think you were a little too suspicious, it's not as if he was suggesting for you to go into a dark, mysterious cave.

It just made no sense for an Imperial to come down from the mountain with word from High Hrothgar.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnier the fallen Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Vulgruff wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:

It just made no sense for an Imperial to come down from the mountain with word from High Hrothgar.

are you saying you wouldn't have been suspicious of any other race bringing the message, because if you are i think we may have found our problem
Arnier the fallen
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:25 pm

Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:

are you saying you wouldn't have been suspisisous of any other race bringing the message, because if you are i think we may have found our problem

Probably would've been suspicious unless it was a nord. Others don't have reason to go up there.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnier the fallen Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:26 pm

Vulgruff wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:

are you saying you wouldn't have been suspisisous of any other race bringing the message, because if you are i think we may have found our problem

Probably would've been suspicious unless it was a nord. Others don't have reason to go up there.

so only nords have a reason to travel to see the grey beards? thats a little racist and wrong dont you think
Arnier the fallen
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Nerevar Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:28 pm

How do you do that quote within a quote thing?
Lord Nerevar
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:

so only nords have a reason to travel to see the grey beards? thats a little racist and wrong dont you think

Basically. He said he went on a pilgrimage to them. Unless your a Nord or the Dovahkiin I don't see the point.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:

Outside of special snowflakes (I.e. the Dragonborn) and Nords, no, I don't see anyone going up there. I don't see anyone but dark elves at the Shrine of Azura, and it's not exactly hidden or unknown (every guard seems to know of the Star). Also, lets not forget this man is dressed as a JESTER of all things.
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Vulgruff wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:I think Vulgruff and Darius are a perfect match.
Psychic Vulgruff, you mean.

>Retarded
>Implying I'm offended by bigotry.

And look at page 8.
I sent a letter to Darius but that was implied, your injury was implied because *spoiler*.

And don't get buttmad. Much of what I say is intended as humor.

You could ask, not say"I know you're lying" and make up things not previously mentioned about watching from dawn.

You obviously missed the part about expensive clothing too.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Lord Nerevar wrote:How do you do that quote within a quote thing?

Just click quote on something that is already quoted
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Nerevar Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:33 pm

Outside of special snowflakes (I.e. the Dragonborn) and Nords, no, I don't see anyone going up there. I don't see anyone but dark elves at the Shrine of Azura, and it's not exactly hidden or unknown (every guard seems to know of the Star). Also, lets not forget this man is dressed as a JESTER of all things.

Basically. He said he went on a pilgrimage to them. Unless your a Nord or the Dovahkiin I don't see the point.

Disciples of Kynareth could make the pilgrimage. Someone could also go because Talos went there, and make the journey in respect for him and his Thu'um. Considering he is an Imperial, that is not unlikely.

Last edited by Lord Nerevar on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Nerevar
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnier the fallen Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:36 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:

1. the character has more than just jester cloths, read the CS and why can't bosmer make the pilgrimage or imperials or kahjiit or argonians that aren't dragonborn its not exclusive to the nords.
Arnier the fallen
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:36 pm

Arnier the fallen wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:

1. the character has more than just jester cloths, read the CS and why can't bosmer make the pilgrimage or imperials or kahjiit or argonians that aren't dragonborn its not exclusive to the nords.

They could, but why would they?
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Lord Nerevar wrote:

Disciples of Kynareth could make the pilgrimage. Someone could also go because Talos went there, in respect for him and his Thu'um.

And it is not easy to tell the difference between an Imperial and a Nord that easily.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:39 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:

Disciples of Kynareth could make the pilgrimage. Someone could also go because Talos went there, in respect for him and his Thu'um.

And it is not easy to tell the difference between an Imperial and a Nord that easily.

Ummm yeah it is.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnier the fallen Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Vulgruff wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:

for the same reason anyone else would to either learn to shout or to give worship to kynareth
Arnier the fallen
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Nerevar Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:40 pm

They could, but why would they?.

Dragonborns being very important in the Empire, with Alessia, Talos and Reman's Akiviri Dragonguard, the Blades, the Thu'um being very important to the founding of the Third Empire and because of religious important like worship of Kynareth.

Also, thanks for the quote advice.
Lord Nerevar
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:42 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:

There is a foot difference in height, on average (though I had a bitch of a time telling them apart in game, but hey, they all look a like to me!)
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:43 pm

Lord Nerevar wrote:

Dragonborns being very important in the Empire, with Alessia, Talos and Reman's Akiviri Dragonguard, the Blades, the Thu'um being very important to the founding of the Third Empire and because of religious important like worship of Kynareth.

I thought the Thu'um was exclusive to the Nord race (outside of the Dragonborn, natch). Can you show other wise? Hopefully TESO can settle that.
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:

for the same reason anyone else would to either learn to shout or to give worship to kynareth

Only Nords can learn to shout though. I've never heard of any case of someone other than a Nord doing it.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:45 pm

Vulgruff wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:

Ummm yeah it is.

Really? Please tell me how? Accent does not count, a Nord can be raised in Cyrodil.

The height thing doesn't count either. Darius is abnormally small, even if he was a Breton.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:47 pm

The Rebel wrote: Really? Please tell me how? Accent does not count, a Nord can be raised in Cyrodil.

The height thing doesn't count either. Darius is abnormally small, even if he was a Breton.

Don't Breton have pointy ears? Not on par with an elf, of course, but more "half-elven" style? I vaguely remember Morrowind being like that.

EDIT: After looking at Breton screen shots, never mind. Ears are normal. Any points to them might just be rendering tricks.

Last edited by james.steelhaven on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:48 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:

Ummm yeah it is.

Really? Please tell me how? Accent does not count, a Nord can be raised in Cyrodil.

Imperials tend to have a darker skin color than Nords also. I think it may be hard to tell between a breton and Nord but not an Imperial.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:49 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:

I thought the Thu'um was exclusive to the Nord race (outside of the Dragonborn, natch). Can you show other wise? Hopefully TESO can settle that.
TESO will be terrible. I hope not but still...

The Thu'um is exclusive to Nords but it was still important for the reasons he said.

Commander Maro has very pale skin and Darius is only slightly tanned.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next