Stormcloak Soldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will it Suck?

+4
Lord Nerevar
Arnier the fallen
The Rebel
Vulgruff
8 posters

Go down

Will it Suck? Empty Will it Suck?

Post  Vulgruff Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:01 pm

I don't think so. It sounds like they are putting in some true TES features, like they announced they have 1st person. Opinions?
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

https://www.facebook.com/HumbleUlfric

Back to top Go down

Will it Suck? Empty Re: Will it Suck?

Post  The Rebel Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:03 pm

Vulgruff wrote:I don't think so. It sounds like they are putting in some true TES features, like they announced they have 1st person. Opinions?
It has potential. I will judge it when I see it.

They can implement good features but can they implement it well?

And thanks for moving the off topic discussion away from the OOC section.
+1.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnier the fallen Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:08 pm

gameplay wise, perhaps

lore wise, from what i have seen and heard most definitely yes it will and already has rape the lore untill all that is left is generic bull crap
Arnier the fallen
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Nerevar Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:09 pm

I don't think so. It sounds like they are putting in some true TES features, like they announced they have 1st person. Opinions?

I've already said this in the Rise of the Dragonguard OOC thread, but I might as well say it here too. I think that the game by itself is going to be alright, but I doubt it that it will be a true Elder Scrolls.
Lord Nerevar
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:11 pm

I'm sorta woried about the Lore, but as long as there isn't dragons I'll be fine.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Nerevar Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:12 pm

You have to write something awesome for your 100th post Vulgruff, you can't just waste it.
Lord Nerevar
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Lord Nerevar wrote:

I've already said this in the Rise of the Dragonguard OOC thread, but I might as well say it here too. I think that the game by itself is going to be alright, but I doubt it that it will be a true Elder Scrolls.

Didn't someone say it already exists outside of TES universe because of dimension wankery pulled off by Molag Bal? Hence the infinite re-spawns?
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Nerevar Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Didn't someone say it already exists outside of TES universe because of dimension wankery pulled off by Molag Bal? Hence the infinite re-spawns?

Why was this a response to my post?
Lord Nerevar
Lord Nerevar
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:56 pm

i think it will be good
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimnir Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:01 pm

In answer to the original question:

• If you love WoW and WoW clones, no. The game will probably be fucking awesome compared to most other MMOs.
  • If you love the Elder Scrolls and what Todd Howard and co. have crafted over the past 19 years (yes, TES is 19 years old...) then yes. It will blow chunks so hard you'll wonder how much you had to drink the night before and just how stanky her pussy really was.

It boils down to this, the Elder Scrolls is a very unique game franchise that has so far excelled at creating the perfect single player experience. Skyrim, even with all its flaws, is the culmination of that. To attempt to transfer that to an MMO is destined to fail, and I'm sorry to hear it. I think Zenimax is committing the ultimate act of corporate greed by going over Bethesda's head to give to the players what they think will make money. And it wouldn't have happened if Bethesda has just implemented a more simple multiplayer option, perhaps like Fable or Grand Theft Auto. I would much prefer being able to travel in Skyrim with Ilfyri or Kurtaagh, or even a few of you mooks, than to have to be in a world full of idjits with names like AssSlayer420. As an aside, if I do purchase a subscription to the game, that will be my name. Very Happy
Grimnir
Grimnir
Admin
Admin

https://stormcloaksoldier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Grimnir wrote:In answer to the original question:

• If you love WoW and WoW clones, no. The game will probably be fucking awesome compared to most other MMOs.
  • If you love the Elder Scrolls and what Todd Howard and co. have crafted over the past 19 years (yes, TES is 19 years old...) then yes. It will blow chunks so hard you'll wonder how much you had to drink the night before and just how stanky her pussy really was.

It boils down to this, the Elder Scrolls is a very unique game franchise that has so far excelled at creating the perfect single player experience. Skyrim, even with all its flaws, is the culmination of that. To attempt to transfer that to an MMO is destined to fail, and I'm sorry to hear it. I think Zenimax is committing the ultimate act of corporate greed by going over Bethesda's head to give to the players what they think will make money. And it wouldn't have happened if Bethesda has just implemented a more simple multiplayer option, perhaps like Fable or Grand Theft Auto. I would much prefer being able to travel in Skyrim with Ilfyri or Kurtaagh, or even a few of you mooks, than to have to be in a world full of idjits with names like AssSlayer420. As an aside, if I do purchase a subscription to the game, that will be my name. Very Happy

I think your wrong on that. I've been following the game for awhile and I don't think its going to be a WoW clone. It has first person and stuff, I'm more worried about the Story honestly. To avoid the AssSlayer420s of the world I'll just go onto a role-playing server Very Happy.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimnir Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Vulgruff wrote:I think your wrong on that. I've been following the game for awhile and I don't think its going to be a WoW clone. It has first person and stuff, I'm more worried about the Story honestly. To avoid the AssSlayer420s of the world I'll just go onto a role-playing server Very Happy.

First, you must have never played WoW - it has first person. Second, you must not have followed it very much - they're priding themselves on only having one server.
Grimnir
Grimnir
Admin
Admin

https://stormcloaksoldier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Grimnir wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:I think your wrong on that. I've been following the game for awhile and I don't think its going to be a WoW clone. It has first person and stuff, I'm more worried about the Story honestly. To avoid the AssSlayer420s of the world I'll just go onto a role-playing server Very Happy.

First, you must have never played WoW - it has first person. Second, you must not have followed it very much - they're priding themselves on only having one server.

Not good first person, Its the Mega-server. It has different "instances" of the server so you can chose to play with only people who Roleplay.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Vulgruff wrote:
Grimnir wrote:

Not good first person, Its the Mega-server. It has different "instances" of the server so you can chose to play with only people who Roleplay.

As an IT Guy* I cannot see how it's only 1 server. Its got to be multiple boxes, for fail over and redundancy.
If they are not running with this, it is only a matter of time til something breaks.
Especially with multiple server hits, combined with long duration connections.

If they have the back ups and your hardware is a BEAST from Oblivion, then you can get away with one box.

Otherwise, your fucking up.

james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Laudanum Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:20 am

It's okay - not a patch on TES standalone games but it's enjoyable. Well...it is once you put yourself in offline mode so you don't get spammed to Sovngarde and back.
Laudanum
Laudanum
Unblooded
Unblooded

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum