Stormcloak Soldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Dragonguard II

+4
Sovngarde
Vulgruff
james.steelhaven
The Rebel
8 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Rise of the Dragonguard II - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rise of the Dragonguard II

Post  Vulgruff Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:04 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:
Erlander
---------------

"I'm one of here Nightingales. She grants me her power, and when she needs it I protect her shrine. In life, and death."

Hmm, a Nightingale and an ex-Stormcloak? That could cause complications, but I guess you have been honest with me, which counts for something. I will be honest, I do not completely trust you, Nord, but I think you have potential. I will give you chance, and so I agree with Lucius, we need proof that you are dedicated to the Mortalitus Oculatus.
Erlander
------------

"As I said, I will prove myself, but I won't cause harm to those I've served with. I have my own set of honor, as odd as it may be. Asking me to bring you those names is asking me to betray friends I have served. All that would show you is I'm willing to betray the ones I serve. I highly doubt THAT would gain your trust. Also, if anyone has been racist its you Dunmer friend."

Lucius

"We are followers and admirers of Mephala. Think once more, you leave your past and we let you join our family. We will not harm your close friends, just the ones we need to." Lucius replied.
Erlander
-----------

"Harm whoever you damn well need to, I'm just not gonna be the reason for it. Meet me in the Winking Skeever at dawn with your decision" With the Erlander disappeared into the night.
-----------
OOC
I have to go I'll be back on later.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

https://www.facebook.com/HumbleUlfric

Back to top Go down

The Rise of the Dragonguard II - Page 3 Empty Re: The Rise of the Dragonguard II

Post  The Rebel Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Vulgruff wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:
Erlander
---------------

"I'm one of here Nightingales. She grants me her power, and when she needs it I protect her shrine. In life, and death."

Hmm, a Nightingale and an ex-Stormcloak? That could cause complications, but I guess you have been honest with me, which counts for something. I will be honest, I do not completely trust you, Nord, but I think you have potential. I will give you chance, and so I agree with Lucius, we need proof that you are dedicated to the Mortalitus Oculatus.
Erlander
------------

"As I said, I will prove myself, but I won't cause harm to those I've served with. I have my own set of honor, as odd as it may be. Asking me to bring you those names is asking me to betray friends I have served. All that would show you is I'm willing to betray the ones I serve. I highly doubt THAT would gain your trust. Also, if anyone has been racist its you Dunmer friend."

Lucius

"We are followers and admirers of Mephala. Think once more, you leave your past and we let you join our family. We will not harm your close friends, just the ones we need to." Lucius replied.
Erlander
-----------

"Harm whoever you damn well need to, I'm just not gonna be the reason for it. Meet me in the Winking Skeever at dawn with your decision" With the Erlander disappeared into the night.
-----------
OOC

Lucius

After quickly discussing it he headed to castle dour ahead of the Nord.

Tullius: Lucius, back so soon?
Lucius: Not for long, I need access to some dead stormcloaks
Tullius: Take the keys to the dungeon- one more thing. If the Mortalitus are returning make sure you continie to aid us and we will treat you with the leniency of before.
Lucius: Will do.

With that he and Darius took the keys and headed to the dungeon. In a sack they collected the heads of the deceased Stormcloaks. He did so with a touch of remorse but he knew it had to be done.

He then headed to the Carriage waiting for him with Drelayn on the seat...
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:36 pm

Vulgruff wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote: Eradrann

"the blades aren't killing dragons that are attacking farms they're killing dragons because the feel the need to they have lost all reason on their genocidal campaign against Alduin and his followers, who no longer pose a threat."

"Can we kill a dragon? I've heard the Dragonborn doing so, but he was chosen to do so. What about the rest of us?"

"No only in self defence and no one shall land a killing blow, before the dragonborn left for solstheim he did kill dragons but he is a dragon, in spirit atleast we can make talks with him about it should he ever return"

"No, I mean, do we have the ability to kill dragons. Is not impossible for us to actually kill a dragon? Or are the myths about their power blow out of proportion?
Sorry to bombard you with questions, but I have never even seen one in action. I'm great at killing gold skins, but dragons are another power all together."
Vulgruff
--------------

Coming out of shock Vulgruff turned to Jungar and said, "If we kill the, they could be resurrected because they still have their sole." Vulgruff drew his Akavri katana, "My father was a blade, and told me such things. Also that a dragon always has the desire to kill. On the other hand I've studied with Arngeir, who said with training a dragon could learn to suppress that." He turned towards Eradrann and stated, "Few dragons can do this, most remain a threat. The dragons almost devoured us, the blades do what is needed to be done. They do take it to the extreme though..."

"So... according to you two, dragons are violent prone, destructive brutes, who, even if you manage to bring one down, can be brought back to life, anyways? That about right?"
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:04 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote: Eradrann

"the blades aren't killing dragons that are attacking farms they're killing dragons because the feel the need to they have lost all reason on their genocidal campaign against Alduin and his followers, who no longer pose a threat."

"Can we kill a dragon? I've heard the Dragonborn doing so, but he was chosen to do so. What about the rest of us?"

"No only in self defence and no one shall land a killing blow, before the dragonborn left for solstheim he did kill dragons but he is a dragon, in spirit atleast we can make talks with him about it should he ever return"

"No, I mean, do we have the ability to kill dragons. Is not impossible for us to actually kill a dragon? Or are the myths about their power blow out of proportion?
Sorry to bombard you with questions, but I have never even seen one in action. I'm great at killing gold skins, but dragons are another power all together."
Vulgruff
--------------

Coming out of shock Vulgruff turned to Jungar and said, "If we kill the, they could be resurrected because they still have their sole." Vulgruff drew his Akavri katana, "My father was a blade, and told me such things. Also that a dragon always has the desire to kill. On the other hand I've studied with Arngeir, who said with training a dragon could learn to suppress that." He turned towards Eradrann and stated, "Few dragons can do this, most remain a threat. The dragons almost devoured us, the blades do what is needed to be done. They do take it to the extreme though..."

"So... according to you two, dragons are violent prone, destructive brutes, who, even if you manage to bring one down, can be brought back to life, anyways? That about right?"
Vulgruff
-------------

"Well so far Dragons have only been brought back by Alduin, and hes dead. I'm not sure if anyone else can do it."
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:17 pm

Vulgruff wrote:

Vulgruff
-------------
"Well so far Dragons have only been brought back by Alduin, and hes dead. I'm not sure if anyone else can do it."

Well, that's a relief, but what if someone else can do it? You mentioned the Dragonborn being able to master Thu'um with little training, so now I wonder if he could do it?"

(OOC: yes, I know, he can't, but that's metagame)
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:25 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:

Vulgruff
-------------

Well, that's a relief, but what if someone else can do it? You mentioned the Dragonborn being able to master Thu'um with little training, so now I wonder if he could do it?"

Vulgruff
------------

"I doubt it. He is Dovahkiin, which most people translate as Dragonborn, but that is false. Draconic names have three syllables. The true meaning is Dov, Dragon, ah, hunter, and kiin, born. He was made to hunt dragons, it would be odd if he could bring them back to life." And my father said my fascination with dragons would be pointless Vulgruff thought with a smile.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Vulgruff wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:

Vulgruff
-------------

Vulgruff
------------

"I doubt it. He is Dovahkiin, which most people translate as Dragonborn, but that is false. Draconic names have three syllables. The true meaning is Dov, Dragon, ah, hunter, and kiin, born. He was made to hunt dragons, it would be odd if he could bring them back to life." And my father said my fascination with dragons would be pointless Vulgruff thought with a smile.

"Soooo...." *scratching beard* "that's a no then. Got it."
*thinks*
"It seems to me that killing rampaging dragons, no matter how dangerous, would be good thing. But they also say that can be tamed?"
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnier the fallen Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:45 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:

Vulgruff
-------------

Vulgruff
------------

"Soooo...." *scratching beard* "that's a no then. Got it."
*thinks*
"It seems to me that killing rampaging dragons, no matter how dangerous, would be good thing. But they also say that can be tamed?"

Eradrann

ordinarily i would agree with you but the blades are not attacking the rampaging ones they are attacking any and all dragons, they have a book in their library at Sky Haven temple that lists all known dragons, i was hoping not to confront them yet but it would seem we don't have much of a choice"
Arnier the fallen
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:07 pm

Arnier the fallen wrote:

Eradrann

ordinarily i would agree with you but the blades are not attacking the rampaging ones they are attacking any and all dragons, they have a book in their library at Sky Haven temple that lists all known dragons, i was hoping not to confront them yet but it would seem we don't have much of a choice"

"So your problem isn't the 'pest control' aspect but the 'genocide' aspect then? I can respect that."

*Jurgen for a second.*

"Wait, you mention a book. Is it possible to steal this book? Or would it have been too late by now?"
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnier the fallen Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:18 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:

Eradrann

"So your problem isn't the 'pest control' aspect but the 'genocide' aspect then? I can respect that."

*Jurgen for a second.*

"Wait, you mention a book. Is it possible to steal this book? Or would it have been too late by now?"

Eradrann

"Precisely, and yes there may be a chance that taking the book from them may save some dragons, however depending on their numbers many may already have been slain."

Turning to his brother Eradrann said

"is it too soon to confront the blades"

--------

Agarond

"yes brother we have the numbers to stand against them but i would prefer we wait on Paarthurnax's council to act perhaps there is some other task we may undertake before this week is up"
Arnier the fallen
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Arnier the fallen wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:

Eradrann

*Jurgen for a second.*

Eradrann

"Precisely, and yes there may be a chance that taking the book from them may save some dragons, however depending on their numbers many may already have been slain."

--------

Agarond

"yes brother we have the numbers to stand against them but i would prefer we wait on Paarthurnax's council to act perhaps there is some other task we may undertake before this week is up"

*Jurgen perked up at that.* "Who is this 'Paarthurnax' I keep hearing about? He some kind of elder greybeard?"
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnier the fallen Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:19 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:

Eradrann

*Jurgen for a second.*

Eradrann

--------

Agarond

*Jurgen perked up at that.* "Who is this 'Paarthurnax' I keep hearing about? He some kind of elder greybeard?"

Eradrann

"no he's a....

-------
Agarond

Interupting his brother before he told the secret to the world

"yes that is a fair estimation"

Turning back to his brother he leant in and whispered

"you were about to reveal one of the grey beards best kept secrets, now i know you must be excited but please contain yourself in front of people who do not know, the remaining grey beards would be very appreciative"
Arnier the fallen
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Arnier the fallen wrote:

Eradrann

"no he's a....

-------
Agarond

"you were about to reveal one of the grey beards best kept secrets, now i know you must be excited but please contain yourself in front of people who do not know, the remaining grey beards would be very appreciative"

*rae* "Right, we can go with that then." *Jurgen realized a 'nunya' when he saw it.* "Just curious, is all."
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnier the fallen Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:31 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:

Eradrann

"no he's a....

-------
Agarond

*rae* "Right, we can go with that then." *Jurgen realized a 'nunya' when he saw it.* "Just curious, is all."

Eradrann

Regaining his composure he turned to Jurgen and said

"So is there anything that you currently need to do, we apparently have a week to kill"
Arnier the fallen
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Arnier the fallen wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:

Eradrann

"no he's a....

-------
Agarond

Eradrann

"So is there anything that you currently need to do, we apparently have a week to kill"
Vulgruff
------------

"Why do you want to protect the Dragons? They are dangerous and Murderous at heart. I've heard of only two sane Dragons, and each of them have killed hundreds, if not thousands of innocents."
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Vulgruff wrote:
Vulgruff
------------

"Why do you want to protect the Dragons? They are dangerous and Murderous at heart. I've heard of only two sane Dragons, and each of them have killed hundreds, if not thousands of innocents."

"Are we so different, Vulgruff? I have watched hundreds of my fellow countrymen commit atrocities on the battle field. Does that render us the same?"
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Arnier the fallen Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Vulgruff wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:

Eradrann

"no he's a....

-------
Agarond

Eradrann

Vulgruff
------------

Agarond

"its simple really, what the blades of today like to forget is that when the dragons were chased from Akavir those who remained were fierce and loyal, and the Dragonguard of Akavir would ride them into battle, it is believed and illustrated in one of their temples on the island that it is the defeat of one of their dragons at the hands of Reman Cyrodil they discovered he was dragonbron. somewhere after the death of the Septim Empire they forgot this, and i seek to bring them back to it"
Arnier the fallen
Arnier the fallen
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielStormblade Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:19 pm

Fenreld

After 3 long nights of travel from Castle Volkihar, Fenreld finally arrives at the city once known as the City of Kings, now known as Windhelm, sighing a deep relief, mumbling to himself "Finally... I might actually be able get some decent rest and maybe find some work..." then enters the Candlehearth Hall and approachs the Barkeep

"Excuse me... Do you have a room available?"
"Hmm... Yes... but the only one left is in the cellar."
"That will work perfectly, Also... Let me know if anyone comes looking for a skilled infiltrator for hire."
"Sure can..."

Fenreld pays the Barkeep for a weeks worth of rent and makes his way to the cellar to get some much needed rest.
DanielStormblade
DanielStormblade
Unblooded
Unblooded

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Arnier the fallen wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Arnier the fallen wrote:

Eradrann

"no he's a....

-------
Agarond

Eradrann

Vulgruff
------------

Agarond

"its simple really, what the blades of today like to forget is that when the dragons were chased from Akavir those who remained were fierce and loyal, and the Dragonguard of Akavir would ride them into battle, it is believed and illustrated in one of their temples on the island that it is the defeat of one of their dragons at the hands of Reman Cyrodil they discovered he was dragonbron. somewhere after the death of the Septim Empire they forgot this, and i seek to bring them back to it"
Vulgruff
-------------

"Fair enough. Jurgan, we have a week to spare should we set off for Windhelm?"
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:38 pm

The Rebel wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Vulgruff wrote:
Lord Nerevar wrote:
Erlander
---------------

Erlander
------------

Lucius

Erlander
-----------

-----------
OOC

Lucius

After quickly discussing it he headed to castle dour ahead of the Nord.

Tullius: Lucius, back so soon?
Lucius: Not for long, I need access to some dead stormcloaks
Tullius: Take the keys to the dungeon- one more thing. If the Mortalitus are returning make sure you continie to aid us and we will treat you with the leniency of before.
Lucius: Will do.

With that he and Darius took the keys and headed to the dungeon. In a sack they collected the heads of the deceased Stormcloaks. He did so with a touch of remorse but he knew it had to be done.

He then headed to the Carriage waiting for him with Drelayn on the seat...

Lucius

Darius and Lucius displayed the Heads around the Carriage, he then sent Darius to the Winking Skeever.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:44 pm

Erlander
-----------

Erlander saw Darius walk into the Inn, and waved him over to where he was sitting.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Vulgruff wrote:Erlander
-----------

Erlander saw Darius walk into the Inn, and waved him over to where he was sitting.
Darius

"My fan! Great to see you. We will discuss this elsewhere, this place too public. " Darius replied, happily. He wasn't lying this time and wanted to see Erlander's reaction.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vulgruff Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:52 pm

The Rebel wrote:
-----------

Darius

"My fan! Great to see you. We will discuss this elsewhere, this place too public. " Darius replied, happily. He wasn't lying this time and wanted to see Erlander's reaction.

"Why do you think I chose it? Sit." He said, gesturing to the chair across the table from him.
Vulgruff
Vulgruff
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rebel Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Vulgruff wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
-----------

Darius

"Why do you think I chose it? Sit." He said, gesturing to the chair across the table from him.

"You came to us for help. Come or I will leave. If you kill me it's your loss, you wanted our help." Darius replied. He understood the Nord's paranoia and found it entertaining.
The Rebel
The Rebel
Filthy Grey Skin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Seta
------
Seta awakes in the room, opening her eyes she stands up quickly. Stepping out of the room she looks around" Hey, Vulgruff how long was i asleep for?" Creaking her arm, her joints crack as she moves her arm to free her shoulders cracking. Looking up at him she nods" Would you let me see your injury?"

Metina
--------------
Walking towards High Hrothgar, she stares up into the mountain. Walking into the winking skeever she puts the coins on the bar keep.

The inn keeper looks at it
"Only room in celler"

Metina shrugs and takes the key from him and heads down the stairs, she looks at the man across the way before placing her bag near the opposite bed. Staring at the man she shakes her head and walks up into the bar and sits in the corner to watch the inhabitants watching a new man enter the inn watching him as he is waved over by another man. Watching the two earnestly from beneath her helmet.
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next