Stormcloak Soldier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rise of the Dragonguard II

+4
Sovngarde
Vulgruff
james.steelhaven
The Rebel
8 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

The Rise of the Dragonguard II - Page 6 Empty Re: The Rise of the Dragonguard II

Post  DanielStormblade Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Grimnir wrote:Grimnir ponders his mug of ale as he watches the others in the tavern. His eye focuses on one particular person who seems to be staring at him in recognition. Grimnir twitches an eyebrow, bids a farewell to the man next to him at the bar, then gets up and goes over to the wood elf that was watching him.

"Do I know you, lad?"

Fenreld comes back upstairs with his satchel and hears the old Nord, walks near him and speaks softly not knowing how many imperial ears are listening.... "Names Fenreld... I worked on maybe two Inflitration missions with you while the Civil War had Jarl Ulfric 6 years ago."
DanielStormblade
DanielStormblade
Unblooded
Unblooded

Back to top Go down

The Rise of the Dragonguard II - Page 6 Empty Re: The Rise of the Dragonguard II

Post  Grimnir Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:12 am

Grimnir ponders the mer for a moment, then a look of recognition comes across his face.

"Yes... I do remember you. Fenreld, that's right. Fort Neugrad, if I recall right. Pretty decent shot with a bow."

He pats him on the back then takes a seat on the bench, looking about.

"Can I buy you a drink?"
Grimnir
Grimnir
Admin
Admin

https://stormcloaksoldier.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielStormblade Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:36 am

Grimnir wrote:Grimnir ponders the mer for a moment, then a look of recognition comes across his face.

"Yes... I do remember you. Fenreld, that's right. Fort Neugrad, if I recall right. Pretty decent shot with a bow."

"Can I buy you a drink?"

"Wish I could take you up on that. But I'm currently on someone's pay roll. I should get back the Dwarven Clad Warrior over there." points over then in Metina's direction. "I'll take a raincheck though. It's good to see you though after six years Grimnir." then goes and takes a seat with his employer.
DanielStormblade
DanielStormblade
Unblooded
Unblooded

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:42 am

DanielStormblade wrote:
Grimnir wrote:Grimnir ponders the mer for a moment, then a look of recognition comes across his face.

"Can I buy you a drink?"

"Wish I could take you up on that. But I'm currently on someone's pay roll. I should get back the Dwarven Clad Warrior over there." points over then in Metina's direction. "I'll take a raincheck though. It's good to see you though after six years Grimnir." then goes and takes a seat with his employer.

Metina looks toward Fenreld" Go enjoy yourself. I am still contemplating my next move." Looking forward still she mumbles underneath her breath to herself. Staring at him, she turns her head" Tell me Fenreld before you go.... Have you ever killed someone in cold blood?" With a slight turn of her head. If he could see beneath the helmet you would see a nervous look about her.
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielStormblade Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:48 am

Sovngarde wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:

"Can I buy you a drink?"

Metina looks toward Fenreld" Go enjoy yourself. I am still contemplating my next move." Looking forward still she mumbles underneath her breath to herself. Staring at him, she turns her head" Tell me Fenreld before you go.... Have you ever killed someone in cold blood?" With a slight turn of her head. If he could see beneath the helmet you would see a nervous look about her.

He looks towards his employer with astonishment and bewilderment "Aye, that I have. On several occassions... I have done some work with..." pauses, clears his throat, and continued in hushed tones. "...The Dark Brotherhood." Then speaks up again, "Why do you ask? Does it have to do with the Job?" He askes, clearly hearing the concern and worry in his employers voice.
DanielStormblade
DanielStormblade
Unblooded
Unblooded

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:54 pm

DanielStormblade wrote:
Sovngarde wrote:
DanielStormblade wrote:

"Can I buy you a drink?"

He looks towards his employer with astonishment and bewilderment "Aye, that I have. On several occassions... I have done some work with..." pauses, clears his throat, and continued in hushed tones. "...The Dark Brotherhood." Then speaks up again, "Why do you ask? Does it have to do with the Job?" He askes, clearly hearing the concern and worry in his employers voice.

Snapping back her voice hardens " no, it does not have to do with the job. And the man who I believe kidnapped my...friend's name is Vulgruff and Jurgen. I do not know what next steps we should take.... Enjoy yourself. I am going to my room." Standing she walks down the stairs pushing open her door. Pulling the helmet off she locks the door and sits on the bed staring at the wall in deep thought.
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielStormblade Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:24 am

Fenreld goes and sits next to Grimnir and orders some mead, thinking to himself "What was that all about...? He took off rather quickly and suddenly." He shrugs and looks to Grimnir. "So... What have you been doing all these years... have not even heard your name since Ulfric was killed." asking as he opens a enough his mask to allow mead to flow between the fabric.
DanielStormblade
DanielStormblade
Unblooded
Unblooded

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimnir Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:35 am

A look of profound sorrow comes over Grimnir's bearded face at the mention of Ulfric's death. He is silent for a moment before he speaks again, his voice soft and raspy, and he stares into an empty tankard.

"I wasn't here, in Windhelm, when it happened. I was stationed out in Hjaalmarch at the time of the Battle. My men and I came as quickly as we could when we got the news, but it was too late. Tullius was in charge. Things had been done..."

He drifts off at this point, and it almost seems as if emotion has overcome him. Close inspection would reveal that his good eye is very moist. Finally he coughs to clear his throat.

"I was a known officer. My home was ransacked. My wife, my daughters... This is the first time I've come back since."

He stands and hollers to the barkeep for another ale, his back to the Wood Elf. Once his tankard is full, he turns to face Fenreld.

"I had heard there were some men here who might make a good addition to my camp."

His voice is gruff and hard, like a rebel commander's should be.
Grimnir
Grimnir
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielStormblade Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:07 am

"Grimnir... I know how you feel... I was off on another mission when Tullius attacked here... By the time I got wind of the attack I was... at home. on the other side of Skyrim... I couldn't make it... would have taken 3 times as long as it would have take That bastard to demolish this place..." Even being a hardened killer and rarely showed emotion... he too started quivering.. his eyes teared up for the first time in 40 years. "What's this about a camp? I knew there were a few of us left out there... but I thought after 6 years all of our camps would have found and destroyed." trying to regain his composer. "If there is anything I can do to help after I'm with this job, you just let me know... and... I'm sorry about your wife and kids. Just remember... one day you will see them again in Sovngarde..." thinking to himself... "I wouldn't be going to there... not with all the fell deads I've done...and being what I am..."
DanielStormblade
DanielStormblade
Unblooded
Unblooded

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:09 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:"Alright, Seta. Enjoy." *He nodded as she sped off to her destination.*

"I think I'll enjoy the mead for a bit longer. Been too long since Candlehearth brew." *He mumbled to himself.*

---------
Seta returns to Jurven smiling she nods" Sorry, oh you guys are not leaving yet? Well, you want to go to the inn? Candlehearth brew is what i think it was called." Trying to hide the annoyed expression she stares straight ahead.
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:21 pm

Sovngarde wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:"Alright, Seta. Enjoy." *He nodded as she sped off to her destination.*

"I think I'll enjoy the mead for a bit longer. Been too long since Candlehearth brew." *He mumbled to himself.*

---------
Seta returns to Jurven smiling she nods" Sorry, oh you guys are not leaving yet? Well, you want to go to the inn? Candlehearth brew is what i think it was called." Trying to hide the annoyed expression she stares straight ahead.

"Yes, it's been too long since I've tasted Candlehearth brew. I can track down my brother later. Why?"
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:12 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
Sovngarde wrote:

---------

"Yes, it's been too long since I've tasted Candlehearth brew. I can track down my brother later. Why?"

Cocking her head with a raised eyebrow she shrugs "Why what? We should find your brother by the way. " Sounding annoyed she snarls "After all he is YOUR brother." Pausing she blush's" Sorry, I am little upset. My father....my father is well you know heh." With a soft smile she looks to him again.
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Sovngarde wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Sovngarde wrote:

---------

Cocking her head with a raised eyebrow she shrugs "Why what? We should find your brother by the way. " Sounding annoyed she snarls "After all he is YOUR brother." Pausing she blush's" Sorry, I am little upset. My father....my father is well you know heh." With a soft smile she looks to him again.

"Yes, well, *drink* "damn good mead. Falkreath has nothing this nice. Guess, I need to ask around. Wonder if Brunwulf is even still alive after all these years?" *drink*
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:16 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
Sovngarde wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Sovngarde wrote:

---------

"Yes, well, *drink* "damn good mead. Falkreath has nothing this nice. Guess, I need to ask around. Wonder if Brunwulf is even still alive after all these years?" *drink*

--
Seta

Drinking deeply she sigh's" I am sorry, I should not have come with you here. But I do wish to help you find your brother." Looking down again she shakes her head.
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:57 pm

Sovngarde wrote:
Seta

Drinking deeply she sigh's" I am sorry, I should not have come with you here. But I do wish to help you find your brother." Looking down again she shakes her head.

"Why's that? Bad memories I take it?"
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:36 pm

james.steelhaven wrote:
Sovngarde wrote:
Seta

Seta
-------
Looking at him she shakes her head" no, just my father is asking the same questions " When am I going to be a Grandfather? Why have you not introduced me to the man you want to marry yet? " Taking a deep sip she shakes her head" I keep telling him I have not found the man yet....But he is so persistant...Id your father like that?
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 am

Sovngarde wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Sovngarde wrote:
Seta

Seta
-------
Looking at him she shakes her head" no, just my father is asking the same questions " When am I going to be a Grandfather? Why have you not introduced me to the man you want to marry yet? " Taking a deep sip she shakes her head" I keep telling him I have not found the man yet....But he is so persistent...Id your father like that?

"My father died while I was a prisoner of war. I would have to find my brother again to be sure, but I suspect all fathers are like that. *drink* Bloodlines and family names are important to us. Unlike the mer, that's how we achieve immortality. That, or weird magick bullshit that I never understood. *drink* Me, I'd rather have a horde of children running under foot on a quiet homestead somewhere. Maybe... Riften or Ivarstead. Windhelm is home, but damn is it cold here. *drink*
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimnir Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:31 am

Fenreld:

Grimnir mods somberly, then downs the remains of his mug of ale. He loudly clears his throat, looking around at any that may be watching or listening to him, then lowers his voice and speaks softly to Fenreld.

"I've been organizing a camp of about 20 men for the past few years. We stay mobile, and strike when and where we can. The Legion knows we're out there, but we've covered our asses so far. I came into Windhelm because I'd heard anti-Imperial sentiment was growing again. I wanted to find some new recruits, or old veterans like yourself."

He turns his attention to the barkeep and raises his empty tankard in summons, then looks at the Wood Elf intently.

"You interested?"
Grimnir
Grimnir
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielStormblade Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:46 am

Grimnir wrote:
Fenreld:

Grimnir mods somberly, then downs the remains of his mug of ale. He loudly clears his throat, looking around at any that may be watching or listening to him, then lowers his voice and speaks softly to Fenreld.

"I've been organizing a camp of about 20 men for the past few years. We stay mobile, and strike when and where we can. The Legion knows we're out there, but we've covered our asses so far. I came into Windhelm because I'd heard anti-Imperial sentiment was growing again. I wanted to find some new recruits, or old veterans like yourself."

He turns his attention to the barkeep and raises his empty tankard in summons, then looks at the Wood Elf intently.

"You interested?"

He nods and also summons for another Ale. "Of course. Just as soon as I finish up with this job I'll gladly follow you once again." Looks down to his employeers room "When and if he ever figures what to do... I guess I should take some charge and ask the barkeep."

When their drinks get to there table he asks about the two men, Jurgen and Vulgruff.
DanielStormblade
DanielStormblade
Unblooded
Unblooded

Back to top Go down

Post  Sovngarde Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:49 am

james.steelhaven wrote:
Sovngarde wrote:
james.steelhaven wrote:
Sovngarde wrote:
Seta

Seta
-------
Looking at him she shakes her head" no, just my father is asking the same questions " When am I going to be a Grandfather? Why have you not introduced me to the man you want to marry yet? " Taking a deep sip she shakes her head" I keep telling him I have not found the man yet....But he is so persistent...Id your father like that?

"My father died while I was a prisoner of war. I would have to find my brother again to be sure, but I suspect all fathers are like that. *drink* Bloodlines and family names are important to us. Unlike the mer, that's how we achieve immortality. That, or weird magick bullshit that I never understood. *drink* Me, I'd rather have a horde of children running under foot on a quiet homestead somewhere. Maybe... Riften or Ivarstead. Windhelm is home, but damn is it cold here. *drink*

Nodding slowly "I am sorry you're father died Jurgen. And ya, the bloodlines issues, Since my brother died last year, its been hard for my father. I have always been second to my brother, he was...a Mighty Nord warrior. And here is his daughter who can barely wield a sword and instead uses Magika. And yes, it is mighty cold up here. Colder then i remember." Drinking the rest of thw Cliffwalker wine, she motions for another one looking at the new ring on her finger.

Metima
--------------
Looking down she stares at the helmet. Placing it on her head she opens the door and walks out, her eyes resting on Seta for a moment before walking outside, to the wall to look at the view to calm herself down.
Sovngarde
Sovngarde
Ice-Veins
Ice-Veins

Back to top Go down

Post  james.steelhaven Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:35 am

Sovngarde wrote:
Seta
-------
Looking at him she shakes her head" no, just my father is asking the same questions "When am I going to be a Grandfather? Why have you not introduced me to the man you want to marry yet? " Taking a deep sip she shakes her head" I keep telling him I have not found the man yet....But he is so persistent...Id your father like that?

Jurgen wrote: "My father died while I was a prisoner of war. I would have to find my brother again to be sure, but I suspect all fathers are like that. *drink* Bloodlines and family names are important to us. Unlike the mer, that's how we achieve immortality. That, or weird magick bullshit that I never understood. *drink* Me, I'd rather have a horde of children running under foot on a quiet homestead somewhere. Maybe... Riften or Ivarstead. Windhelm is home, but damn is it cold here. *drink*

Nodding slowly "I am sorry you're father died Jurgen. And ya, the bloodlines issues, Since my brother died last year, its been hard for my father. I have always been second to my brother, he was...a Mighty Nord warrior. And here is his daughter who can barely wield a sword and instead uses Magicka. And yes, it is mighty cold up here. Colder then i remember." Drinking the rest of the Cliffwalker wine, she motions for another one looking at the new ring on her finger.

"Ah, don't be. He died in his bed, a ripe old man. Not how a Nord warrior goes out according to the eddas, but sounds damned fine way to go out if you ask me. Anyways, I guess I need to ask around. Sitting here with good mead, as fun as that is, isn't getting us any further."

*Jurgen motioned over to the barkeep.* "My good man, do you know the where abouts of a dumb Nord named Brunwulf Free-winter, by chance?"
james.steelhaven
james.steelhaven
Bone-Breaker
Bone-Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6